Monday, February 3, 2014

Words to the WISE

I love to write but at times I feel I have nothing to write about, at least nothing I think people would be interested in.
I want to be admired like those before me. William Shakespeare, Homer, and John Milton.
How they took their surroundings and molded it into somethings greater, that only their words could explain.
Comparing things that had never even met, Shakespeare did.
Creating one of the biggest epics about love, Homer did.
And taking what was thought as a master piece and manipulating his crowd to doubt the original, Milton did.
I just want to be a great writer, but, I don't know what to write about.
Is it how my love surpasses any monetary possession that I have?
I write, I pray- I write, I read the word of God.
Its almost like my desire to write is equivalent to my admiration and dedication to the relationship I have with Jesus.
In the bible he says "take up your bed and walk" to the man whom was afflicted, however, to me, he's saying pick up your pen and write.
But I do not know where to began.
I've created the significance of writing a poem in my head but I just can't seem to write one worth writing.
Writing is a simile for me, it's AS hard AS writing this poem.
What do you write when your mind has so many ideas and genres?
Non-Fiction is boring so lets make a story about a girl who loves writing so much that she'd give anything to just know how to start writing.
Or someone who doubts their ability to create a literary composition because they are afraid that it wouldn't be what they've initially imagined it to be.
Writings should mirror ones soul and not only capture the writer but everyone who reads it.
I want to write so well that the readers see how much I love to write.
I want to write so vividly that the readers comprehends my sentiments exactly --without the use of rhyming words--.
Writing isn't just a hobby for ME
But, it's who I aspire to BE.
But how can I be a writer if I can't write?

No comments:

Post a Comment