Tuesday, February 18, 2014

My Sentiments Exactly

So do you guys remember when I said that I was stuck between HIS rock, and HIS hard place?
Well I've finally backed myself into a corner where ONLY the magnificent presence of ONE could reach down to pull me up and claim me as his own.
But the more he reaches, the more I feel the walls of my capacity to accept that I deserve to be happy getting tighter and tighter, and the anxiety of the possibility of him being satisfied with me scares the living hell out of me.
But you see the thing is he and I are two worlds a part. I'm Africa and he's Europe, two things that should have never met but with the correct manipulation and persistence we've industrialized our concepts of love and it works.  I'm proud of him and the path he is choosing to take, but, his dreams are nothing that I would ever wish on any ones counterpart.
What about us? what about our future?
If we become a union where would that leave me?
I'd hate to be selfish but I need to believe that the same joy that we provide to each others being is something that I can aspire to.
They say  "no one knows the future", he says "so lets enjoy each other as much as we can now", and she said "because it isn't to good to be true."
But the doubts of inconsistency and loneliness are clouding my mind before we even get the opportunity to feel that space with good memories.
Girl you're such a HOPELESS ROMANTIC! but aren't my present day afflictions the manifestations of the seeds planted by the ones before me?
Now back to him, he makes "me feel like I'm the only girl in the world, like I'm the only one that he'll ever love" -Rihanna
And though I'm not a plagiarist, why do I feel like I keep writing the same story over and over on a different color paper.
I'm ready to be ready to consider us working, but then, when everything is going well and I reach my peek, he DOESN'T text back.

No comments:

Post a Comment